Friday, October 14, 2016

Blessings!

Happy fall, y'all!

I hope we're all doing well. I hope we're reading, eating well, and taking care of our well-beings. If not, than let's get on that.

I'm sure many have assumed I left this blog by the wayside. Quite the contrary. I've spent the bulk of this year stretching You. Me. HIV. from an underground HIV community to a real-live book!

One thing I realized when I first started this blog, was how much work had to be done in order to educate Americans on what HIV is, and what life looks like for long-term survivors, the newly-diagnosed, and those who are living at high-risk. Because of the stigma that insists on holding back the progress that's been made in the HIV community, getting the information out there isn't easy. Over the next few months, I'll be sharing the process of getting You. Me. HIV. published and out to the public. The goal is to keep the book FREE and accessible. A of people feel a need to remind me how hard this is going to be, how much this is going to cost, how I'm going to have to make sure I take care of trademarking, proofreading, medical legitimacy, etc. I remind them that I worry about the work and never worry about the hows, because, the hows are the domain of the universe. All I have to do is write with good intention and get the work done.

In the meantime, there are two ways you can continue to get involved and stay in the know.

1- Keep talking about You. Me. HIV.! Spread the word and the knowledge by letting friends and loved ones know that the information is out there. We should all know what HIV and AIDS stands for. We should all be able to define undetectable and serodiscordant. HIV isn't a social and medical issue reserved only for those living with the virus. It's a worldwide epidemic, and the only way we're going to beat it is by outsmarting it!

2- If you're positive, come out of the closet! Even if it's just telling one friend, or a sibling or trusted co-worker, tell them! The more people come out, the less frightening it will be for future generations. One of the best ways to come out is by sharing your story with You. Me. HIV. Your name will be withheld if you wish, but just you sharing your story will move mountains. You don't have to post fliers about living with HIV throughout your city, but don't shy away from being open with your status. You have nothing to be ashamed of and every reason to own it.

While You. Me. HIV. continues to transition from blog to book, feel free to check out my other work and projects.

Facebook: You. Me. HIV.
Twitter   :  https://twitter.com/youmehivnow
Snapchat: SheWritesToLive
Email     : shewritestolive@gmail.com


Remember, "Out of many, come one"


xoxo,
Tams

4 comments:



  1. MY NAME IS MARIAM FROM SOUTH AFRICA...I SAW THIS COMMENT ON POSITIVE BLOGS AND I WILL LOVE TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW MY STATUS CHANGES TO NEGATIVE, AND AM NOW A LIVING WITNESS OF IT AND I THINK ITS A SHAME ON ME IF I DON'T SHARE THIS LOVELY STORY WITH OTHER PEOPLE INFECTED WITH THIS DEADLY VIRUS...,HIV HAS BEEN ONGOING IN MY FAMILY... I LOST BOTH PARENTS TO HIV,. AND IT IS SO MUCH PAIN IVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER.. AS WE ALL KNOW MEDICALLY THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO IT..AND MEDICATION IS VERY EXPENSIVE..SO SOMEONE INTRODUCED ME TO A NATIVE MEDICAL PRACTITIONER IN AFRICA..I HAD A JOB THERE TO EXECUTE SO I TOOK TIME TO CHECK OUT ON HIM.I SHOWED HIM ALL MY TESTS AND RESULTS.. I WAS ALREADY DIAGNOSED WITH HIV AND IT WAS ALREADY TAKING ITS TOWL ON ME.. I HAD SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SO I DECIDED TO TRY HIM OUT...I WAS ON HIS DOSAGE FOR 1 MONTHS. ALTHOUGH I DIDNT BELIEVE IN IT, I WAS JUST TRYING IT OUT OF FRUSTRATION... AND AFTER 2 WEEKS, I WENT FOR NEW TESTS... AND YOU WONT BELIEVE THAT 5 DIFFERENT DOCTORS CONFIRMED IT THAT AM NEGATIVE..IT WAS LIKE A DREAM,,I NEVER BELIEVE AIDS HAS CURE..AM NOW NEGATIVE,,AM A LIVING WITNESS..I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK THIS MAN... I JUST WANT TO HELP OTHERS IN ANY WAY I CAN..HAVE JOINED MANY FORUMS AND HAVE POSTED THIS TESTIMONIES AND ALOT OF PEOPLE HAS MAIL AND CALLED THIS MAN ON PHONE AND AFTER 2 WEEKS THEY ALL CONFIRMED NEGATIVE..BBC NEWS TOOK IT LIVE AND EVERY.. HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT.. EVERYBODY SAW IT AND ITS NOW OUT IN PAPERS AND MAGAZINES THAT THERE'S NATIVE CURE FOR HIV AND ALL WITH THE HELP OF THIS MAN,,HAVE TRIED MY OWN PARTS AND ALL LEFT WITH YOU,,IF YOU LIKE TAKE IT OR NOT..GOD KNOWS HAVE TRIED MY BEST.ABOUT 97 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE THROUGH ME..AND THEY SEND MAILS TO THANKS ME AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE,,THIS MAN IS REAL..DON'T MISS THIS CHANCE,,HIV IS A DEADLY VIRUS,,GET RID OF IT NOW..
    case there is anyone who has similar problem and still

    looking for a way out, and he those cast all kind of spell like ::
    Love Spells
    Luck, Money Spells
    Health, Well Being
    Protection, Healing
    Curses, ex, Breakups
    NEW! Combo Spells
    High Priestess Spells
    Vampire Spells
    Authentic Voodoo Spells
    Custom, Other Spells
    Business spells
    Health/Healing spells
    Cancer healing
    Curse removal
    Job spells
    Healing from all kind of diseases
    Love binding
    Barrenness(need a child)
    Need love
    Lottery Spells
    Promotions
    Success
    Money rituals
    winning court case
    Divorce spells
    Low sperm count
    Infertility in women
    Breast enlargement/reduction
    Penis enlargement/reduction
    YOU CAN CONTACT HIM HERE AS (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) if you need any question contact me via here as mariambaurice@gmail.com his facebook link https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014833723968 thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. NATIONAL HIV TESTING DAY

    June 27, 2016. HIV testing is the only way to know for sure if someone has HIV. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one in eight people in the United States infected with HIV don’t know it. Gay and bisexual men are more severely affected by HIV than any other group in the United States.

    Among all gay and bisexual men, black/African American gay and bisexual men bear a disproportionate burden of HIV. From 2008 to 2010, HIV infections among young black/African American gay and bisexual men increased 20%.

    Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) a represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, young gay and bisexual men (aged 13-24 years) accounted for 72% of new HIV infections among all persons aged 13 to 24, and 30% of new infections among all gay and bisexual men. At the end of 2011, an estimated 500,022 (57%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men, or gay and bisexual men who also inject drugs.

    More info and check from here http://nationalhivtestingday.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very powerful I ve been diagnosed with HIV 3years ago and I've become in denial at first for a year but later I accepted it and I'm living with depression so I struggle to keep my cd4 up bit I'm very healthy and I just checked my cd4 was 460 and they advising me to being medication but I'm not ready I wanna take them when at least it 350 I'm only 24years old I have a 6year old healthy boy negative and I've been very stressed lately I slept with a guy a month ago without a condom I always protect my self but this time he took the condom out without me noticing I became so scared knowing my status and I can't live with my self knowing that I infected one another person I told him that he should take p.e.p anti virus he said no he is clean there is no need unless I know I'm not clean I was so scared not ready to tell him following day took me to his doctor for me to come he is clean he tested in front of me n I fogged my result sent him someone else's result with my name I regret it and I'm scared don't know how to tell him I'm scared can't live with my self knowing that I did what I did after protecting all the guys I've been with for so long it;s about a day for me to tell him that I HIV positive that i came across testimony of a lady been cured of HIV from Dr James herbal mix, for me been so desperate I picked up interest and contacted Dr James and told him my problems and he asked me some few questions and then said I should send him money some so he can send me his powerful herbal mixed medicine and I did,2 days later he courier the herbal mixed medicine to me through DHL speed post the medicine got to me in 5 days time and I used it morning and night as he prescribed for me for 3 weeks and I was cured, I couldn't believe it because it was like a magic to me
    then I was bold enough to meet the guy and told him that I had HIV but lucky am cured now, I recommended him to Dr James who cured him and he was cured too today we have been in a good relationship and we have 2years old son now and he is HIV negative Thanks to Dr James herbal mix if you are HIV positive or suffering from
    CANCER
    HERPES
    DIABETES
    HEPATITIS B
    PID Virus. contact Dr James on

    Email drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    What's app +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never give up in life they all said there is no cure for HIV VIRUS, which is a big lie I have passed through many processes. Also, I never believed there is really a cure to HIV/AIDS until I met Dr. James herbal mix medicine. The doctor that have been helping people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for HIV permanent cure online I found out about Dr. James, and to my greatest surprise Dr. James has the herbal medicine for HIV cure which I have been looking for years I explained my problems to him through the email I found on someone who testified about Dr.James herbal mix write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.James instructed me, I was very happy after 21 days I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I went for a test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy after all i have been through.you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now [Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com] And He also has herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema, urethra wart, chronic problems. Herpes, Cancer, ALS, Autism,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV infections, ulcer
    He can interpret your dreams and tell you the meaning
    Marriage counseling
    Reasons why you are single n not married
    Reasons why you are much hated and bad luck

    ReplyDelete